Entrevista com um dos caras da IW
animal! vao arrumar o bug da sniper na scope (no terra tem um mod q corrige ja)
vao mudar um pouco o modo HQ de um jeito que o jogador meio que seja motivado a ir pegar o radio
pq muitos acham q HQ eh TDM!
Ja confirmou que proximo patch sai assim que o PB estiver completamente implementado no jogo
e muito mais! rox!
New Info from Infinity Ward
Well we had Avatar from IW at the TsN Call of Duty Roundtable and he answered a lot of questions. I'll try to put here what i can remember.
- The anti-hopping measures were in place before the game shipped, but they wound up creating a bug and had to be pulled last minute. It was always IW's intention to have no hopping except for jumping over obsticals, and they don't intend on adding it back in, not even a stamina bar. Avatar said "when people say stamina bar what they really mean is 'i want to be able to jump at least once or twice,' but the problem with that is then we'll see people jumping, waiting a few seconds, then jumping again. It really doesn't solve the problem" (paraphrasing).
- The sniper rifle will be fixed in the next patch. If you go and play on a listen server (start up your own server and play in it, non-dedicated) then you'll realize what they intended the sniper to be. Even with very little lag (40-60ms) i get some crazy jerks on zoom-in, but on the listen server i only jerked a few inches from my zoom point (inches being in game inches, not moniter inches). They have adressed this issue for the next patch.
- HQ mode will be getting some tweaks to encourage people to attack/defend the objective. IW has noticed that some pubbers treat it as another TDM server, and so has added incentive to capture/defend objectives (like points on your score, and they hinted at other things).
- Avatar could not comment on future content (be it new game modes or weapons), but the fact that he couldn't comment tells me there is new stuff comming.
- The prone jumping bugs will be fixed in the next patch along with the clipping errors.
- Punkbuster will be in the next patch, and will be the timetable for the patch. It will take a bit to implement, but once PB is finished, that's when they plan to release the patch.
- HQ mode spawning system is designed to spawn you away from enemies. So the system analyzes the battlefield and tries to put you in a place far away from enemies. They've noticed that sometimes this spawning logic works well, but sometimes, though it puts you far away, your still in sight of enemies and get shot instantly. Next patch will have a fix that if you get killed 5 seconds after spawning you will be allowed to respawn imediatly and not wait the full 45 seconds.
- Boxes are climbable without slowdown. If your having problems try not to jump before you get to the box, but once you get to the box. Something in the game logic recognizes when your jumping up boxes and removes the penalty.
- There were no weapons tweaks not stated in the readme. If your feeling like one weapon was nerfed or one got better, it's most likely because of the way you aim and the tightening of hitboxes. Head is signifigantly smaller, so there will be less headshots that didn't hit the head.
- Garand vs. Kar98 issue is being looked at for future patch, no concrete conclusions yet.