-= How to use PVNC 1.1 =-
NHD released the new version of PVNC... now its faster, no crashes and almost everything was fixed/optimized... this version just ROX!
[Section 1 - Using Static IP on your PSP]
- Well first of all go to NETWORK SETTINGS
- Choose INFRASTRUCTURE MODE
- Create a NEW CONNECTION
if you already dont have one.
- Name that connection if you want and press D-pad right.
- Choose SCAN
and then select you acess point (normally 100%).
- Adress Settings - select CUSTOM
- IP Address Setings - select MANUAL
- Here choose an IP for your PSP
use 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask
On Default Router type your router's IP (usually its 192.168.1.1)
And then type your router's primary and secondary DNS
Now its better to save and POWER OFF YOUR PSP and then POWER UP again...
Go again at NETWORK SETTINGS
-> INFRASTRUCTURE MODE
and with you connection selected PRESS TRIANGLE
A sub-menu will appear. Choose TEST CONNECTION
If everything goes fine you will see a screen with stats and stuff...if not try this guide from the start.
- Now the final thing to do is go to POWER SAVE SETTINGS
and disable WLAN POWER SAVE
. With this on you just loose speed using PVNC.
[Section 2 - Installing TightVNC on your computer]
(Yeah people i tried REALVNC with the "Pool for changes to the Desktop" and TIGHTVNC is faster)
Use the link below to install the latest version:
[ Download ]
- TightVNC 1.2.9 Windows Installer
- Install it and be sure that the "TightVNC Server"
- Find the shortcut and run the one that says "Launch TightVNC Server"
- Double click on the system tray icon of TightVNC and choose a password. Click OK
- Idle the mouse over the TightVNC System icon to get your IP (you will need this!)
[Section 3 - Using PVNC 1.1 on your PSP]
Dowload it below:
[ Download ]
- PVNC 1.1
- Extract and go to the BIN folder... there you have to copy to your PSP (PSP/GAME/) all the files of 1.0 or 1.5 folders (Use the one compatible with your firmware)
- Go to your PSP game menu and run the Portable VNC Viewer
- On this first screen select your network... it will be the IP that you choose for your PSP
- Now go to the NEW HOST icon. Type here the IP you got from you computer's TIGHTVNC. You can choose a name for it if you want.
- Choose an icon and you are done
- Now go to the IP that you typed and choose a name, icon and select it
- If all works fine you will have to type a password (the one you typed on TightVNC configuration windows)
- Done! You are connected... now you can just use your computer with your PSP!
PVNC 1.1 Configuration:
- Mouse Button 1
- Mouse Button 2
- Mouse Button 3 (Middle button)
- Choose betwen Mouse mode and Keyboard mode
- Uses Gamemode (you can only get out of this mode using the HOME button and selecting Mouse mode again)
- Scrool Mode (Press again to go back to mouse mode)
Thats pretty much it.. you can go to the OPTIONS screen to select the speed of the analog and dpad and some other stuffs...
Hope this helps.. if i wrote something wrong just correct me so i can edit it