What do I need?
• Yellow Dog Linux 6.2 freshly installed on your PS3
• A working internet connection
• An HDTV that supports 1080p or 720p (480p/i and 576p/i support in the future)
• A wired USB keyboard
• One or more Sony Sixaxis/Dualshock3 controllers
How do I install zerogame?
1) Format your PS3 hard drive and allot at least 10GB of hard drive space to OtherOS. Create a backup, format and restore the backup afterwards if you don't want to lose any PS3 data. You will need an external USB drive for your backup, if you need to do one.
2) Download and burn the Yellow Dog Linux v6.2 ISO to a DVD
3) Install the Yellow Dog Linux bootloader to the PS3
4) Install Yellow Dog Linux v6.2 to your PS3 with the default options
You can disable Office & Productivity software set for faster installation of YDL.
5) Boot into Yellow Dog Linux.
There is no need to create a user. Firewall can be enabled or disabled, makes no difference.
6) Once post-installation setup is complete and you are at a graphical login screen, swap to a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and login as root and type in your root password.
7) Run the following command to update YDL to fix the Bluetooth bugs:
yum update && reboot
8) Run the following command to download the zerogame script
9) Decompress the tarball using the following command:
tar zxvf ./zerogame-0.50.tar.gz
10) Make the installation script executable with the following command:
chmod 755 ./install-zerogame.sh
11) Run the script with the following command:
12) Follow on-screen prompts
13) Reboot before use
How do I use zerogame?
After the installation and once the PS3 has rebooted, you'll need to put your ROMs in the correct places for Wahcade to find them. At this time, the directories are preset and aren't changable without directly editing the .ini files for each system. (See http://bugs.zerojay.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7
for more info.)
At this point, here is where zerogame expects the ROMs to be:
Atari Lynx: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/lynx/
Gameboy Advance: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/gba/
Gameboy Color: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/gbc
Sega Genesis/MegaDrive: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/gen/
Game Gear: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/gg/
Master System: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/sms/
Wonderswan Color: /home/zerogame/gamefiles/roms/wsc/
You'll have to move or copy your ROMs there manually. Make sure that the ROMs are readable by the zerogame user as well.
Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Linux/zer...#ixzz0fdneeQDs