About the Game
Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta. The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios.
This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.
Click the 'install game' button above to opt in to the beta and get started. If you don't see the button above, we've filled the available slots.
Please submit any bugs or feedback on the Counter-Strike: Source Beta forum
Features new to the beta
* 144 achievements added
* New lifetime player stats and summary screens
* New match player stats and summary screens
* New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
* Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
* New cinematic death camera
* New domination and revenge system
* Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
* Incorporated many source engine updates