Cooling processes are frequently used in the food industry and
many other fields, such as the medical, chemical, metallurgy, and
laser industries. The FLUID ICE SYSTEMS LTD. (FIS) process is
unique because it can transform any solution or beverage below
zero cryoscopic temperature into an ice micro crystals fluid
suspension. The process is continuous. Thanks to the
specially-design ice generator and the turbulent and centrifugal
forces exerted on and around the liquid solution, water and an
additive (salt or sugar, for example), a fluid suspension of
microscopic ice crystals develops, which is ejected with no need
* Fluid Ice cools better and quicker than water - its
heat-absorption capacity is 80 times that of water and it can
reach lower temperatures than water, - 2ø, -4øC and below.
* Fluid Ice prevents any damage to the cooled product: unlike
flake ice, the ice crystals have no physical impact on the
product/surface and cannot damage it.
* Fluid Ice can flow and be conveyed through pipes and tubes.
* FIS requires much less energy than competitive systems; it is
lighter and more compact than existing systems. Consequently, it
can be moved and easily integrated into mobile platforms
Main industrial APPLICATIONS
* Food Market: Immersion cooling of slaughtered chicken and
parts, fish and seafood during processing in plants and boats;
cooling and icing of soft drinks; cooling protection during
post-harvest, packaging or chilling.
* Air Conditioning & Refrigeration. Direct contact cooling: Fluid
Ice has a longer, deeper, more uniform cooling impact than flake
ice. Fluid Ice flows through pipes and so can be used for
refrigeration or air conditioning
* Medical Applications - Ice Therapy.
* Water Desalinization and Purification: The crystal-clear
process combined with centrifugal forces in the ice generator
separates salt from water, thus, providing fishing vessels with a
supplementary source of potable water