there might be beta news, right now they are talking about some activision stuff, think blizzard is comming up soon.
here is the link:  http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=101699
update1: activisions part of the presentation is over. intermission are playing hits from this decade.
Update2: mike morhaim to the stage, gonna talk abouy current project, and celebrating the 20 year anniversary.
update3: first up, indept on starcraft, they are mostly talking about starcraft as a spectator sport, and the fact that it is the best selling strategy game of all time, showing a heart of the swarm teaser, not availible on the stream. new multiplayer and customgame functionality, leading into the map marketplace, now talking about blizzard DOTA.
Update4: they are now talking about world of warcraft, biggest subscriptionbased mmo for 7 years running. the subject is now the the up and comming wow brazil. talking about the starter edition of wow aswell. the development is at work on 4.3, as we know the deathwing encounter, transmorgrifing etc, 4,3 will be released "in the comming months.
update5: DIABLO. talking about its history, accesibility to hardcore and casuals alike. rob pardo is gonna discribe the rmah in more detail, Beta comming "later this month". now showing a demonhunter teaser, not availible on ths stream.
update6: Rob Pardo (vp of game design) talks about the Auction House, first off: the history of battle.net with diablo 1 and 2. the difficulty of trading within the game, rob considers this a failure on bilzzards part. d3 will have matchmaking, friends lists, and real id.
diablo 3 is still going to be online only dispite community grief, online only will help the community develop, it prevents cheating, encourages the use of the auctionhouse.
public game finder for pvm, matchmaking for pvp depending on your (hidden) rating. monster difficulty is depending on how many players are in the game similar to diablo 2.
they are now talking about diablos random items versus wows soulbound items. they are now talking about the sneaky 3rd party sites and freud.
they are also hoping for a RMAH web client. buying and selling characters are going to be post release. trading versus raiding. diablos auctionhouse inventory is going to be alot larger than the wow ah per server, due to the fact that there are only 10 diablo auction houses (region specific). there will be alot of smart searching on the ah, including a class search. the best thing about the d3 ah is that its 100% safe item transfers. players will be anonymous on the AH. blizzard WILL NOT be selling any items, makes blizzard look like the good guys, they are sticking to a flat fee regardless of item price, they are doing a listing fee only to prevent spamming, keeping the ah a place for valuable items, weekly free listings.
battle.net account balance: whenever you sell an item you will be asked to get the money as blizzard cash for the auctionhouse and other blizzard services, but if you want the cash out through the 3rd person service, blizzard will then take a percentagebased fee.
confirmed, you can buy wow time with battle.net balance. also reconfirms that the rmah will never be implimented for wow.
Rob is out, Thomas somthing is getting on stage, the cfo/ceo. thomas is doing a recap of the day, mostly business and finance stuff. thomas just mentioned "graphic expansions for world of warcraft as a value added service" thomas has the team join him on stage for Q&A.
- Question 1 is about relationships in China and Call of Duty, censorship.
- Question 2 is also about call of dutys compatition in bf3.
- Question 3 is about chinas tier 2 and 3 cities and world of warcraft, netease.
- Question 4 is about the drop in wow subscribers, and diablo 3 longivity - decline is across the board, they feel good about the health of the game (wow), in terms no diablo, what they have seen is that diablo 1 and 2 have had a very long shelvelife and playpatterns, they thing that the ah will add to the longivity, blizzard is very interested in mobile gaming. both for casuals and hardcores, but dont have any big announcements right now.
- Question 5 is about the ressource distribution within both companies.
- Question 6 is about Wows subscriber numbers versus competitors products. - a significant number of people who quit wow to try new mmos, eventually come back.
- Question 7 is about investing in core sets of gamers vs "the casuals" in call of duty and beyound.
- Question 8 is about christmas sales, and cod map packs.
- Question 9 is also about market penetration in china and pricing.
- Final question is about COD and social gaming opportunities.
this concludes the confrence call.
TLDR: Beta is going to be released "Later this month"